Municipal Cell Phone Tower and Cell Site Lease Buyouts
Many municipalities and other public entities such as housing authorities, parks, or utilities that currently maintain cell phone tower or water tower cell site leases have been approached to by Unison Site Management, Crown Castle and/or Wireless Capital Partners or American Tower to sell them. For some, these offers represent a quick and potentially sizeable infusion of cash without a burden to the taxpayers. Unfortunately, some municipalities or municipal governments are selling their cell phone tower lease rights without fully understanding the consequences.
We understand that the capitalization of the cell phone tower or water tower cell site leases can be an attractive way to increase revenue, but we cannot recommend selling these leases blindly. Nor do we recommend that a municipality consider the sale of their wireless assets without considering ALL of the options.
Our Services Will Help Protect Your Municipality Now and in the Future
We provide specific consulting services to municipalities that are considering selling their cell phone tower lease assets. Our services include:
- Evaluation of the cell phone tower lease purchase offer(s) and comparison to what other private and public landowners have received in the past from Unison Site Management, Wireless Capital Partners, Crown Castle or American Tower.
- Discussion of arrangements for the purchase of actual cell phone tower lease or water tower cell site leases and thorough analysis of what the municipality is giving up.
- Review of the expected longevity of the cell phone tower leases or cell site leases and possible termination risks from Sprint/Nextel, Verizon/Alltel or T-Mobile/AT&T Wireless due to merger consolidation and duplication.
- Evaluation of Future Income Potential that might be sacrificed by selling cell phone tower leases.
- Discussion of other options, which might be available to municipalities that could yield 25% -50% more than what third party buyout companies like Unison Site Management typically offer.
- Expert counsel and confirmation on these types of proposals so decision makers can be confident they've represented their constituents responsibly.
- Solicitation of other proposals, if appropriate.
We have vast experience with the complex requirements public entities must meet when initiating a bidding project. That's why we provide completely confidential consulting services within the parameters of your specific situation. Our consultations are typically offered on an hourly basis with Not to Exceed -structured pricing. Project scope is tailored to the total number of leases you are considering selling. More often than not, we do not need to visit the site to ascertain the value of the cell phone tower leases.
We are happy to provide references from past public entity clients we've assisted. Simply contact us.